Ep.18 I Date 10.06.2021
Episode name - Michael Kerr on Humor at Work
About Michael Kerr –
Michael Kerr- Founder @ Humor at Work
Michael is the International Hall of Fame Business Speaker on Inspiring Workplace Cultures.
Michael believes that culture drives success in any business. But innovative, inspiring, productive, customer-focused cultures don't happen by accident. You need to be intentional about building a great culture and being an inspiring leader. Michael has travel the world researching, writing, training, and speaking about inspiring workplace cultures, intentional leadership, and how businesses and leaders around the world are leveraging their humor advantage to drive outrageous results.
Michael is proud to be listed as one of Canada's most-requested speakers, to have earned the nickname, "The #Workplace Energizer!" and to have my Inspiring Workplaces blog recognized as one of the top-75 workplace #blogs in the world.
He is also the creator of one of the most comprehensive online workplace culture training courses available, The Workplace Culture Leadership Academy.
Having survived working as a manager in a soul-sucking, fun-sucking, Dilbert-like workplace, he decided 20 years ago to make it his mission to help energize workplaces by focusing on the topic of humor in the workplace, workplace culture, and leadership.
His presentations dive into several interconnected aspects of workplace culture, including: how to attract, recruit, and onboard employees for the best possible culture fit; inspiring communication in the workplace; how to engage and motivate employees; how to create a customer-first mindset and culture; the role of attitude in business success; how to foster a culture of creativity and innovation; and how to use humor for less stress and more success.
He is the author of eight books, including -The Jerk-Free Workplace: How You Can Take the Lead to Create a Happier, More Inspiring Workplace, -The Humor Advantage: Why Some Businesses Are Laughing All the Way to the Bank, Hire, Inspire, and Fuel Their Fire: How to Recruit, Onboard, and Train New Employees to Live Your Culture Out Loud, -Putting Humor to Work, and Inspiring Workplaces - Creating the Kind of Workplace Where Everyone Wants to Work!
1) Michael's Early Life- What inspired him, guided him to follow the path of helping people to building personal connections.
2) Michael on putting humor at the workplace, especially in the work from home era.
3) Michael talks about if the work from home is deteriorating the workplace culture? Are employers scared?
4) In the work from home culture currently how productivity for employees should be measured.
5) Michael discusses on humor- Trust goes hand in hand. Why do we think people are scared of bringing humor? What if they cross the line?
6) What is the right thing to do in the workplace? Best thing to do at the workplace to keep employees happy?
7) Michael's micro practice that you can share for being jerk-free which you talk about in your workshops?
8) Message Michael shares with the corporate leaders.
9) Suggestions to startups- mid size companies entrepreneurs who are planning for next steps.
10) Tips to job seekers who are looking for employment
11) What is next for Michael? His vision forward.
12) What is the key to succeed in the corporate jungle? How to nail the corporate culture.
13) His ask from the community.
14) Impact that Michael wants to create
We had lot of fun with the Rapid Fire fun round with Michael :)