Ep.20 I Date 08.07.2021
Episode name - Future of Startup Ecosystem in Canada
About Ashley Francisco –
Ashley Francisco- Head of Startup Developer Ecosystem, Canada at Google
Website for Programs & Information:
Ashley Francisco currently serves as the Head of Startup Developer Ecosystems for Google Canada. She manages Google Canada's Accelerator programs, scaled startup ecosystem events, and Canadian partner engagement.
Her goal is to bring the best of Google's people, programs, products and technology to startup teams across the country. Ashley is a professional marketer by trade with a diverse background in local and global brand building at Google, Visa, Mondelez and Kraft Foods.
Ashley is originally from Elmira, ON - home of the world's largest maple syrup festival (she never misses it!) and now resides in Kitchener-Waterloo, ON with her husband and two dogs.
1) Ashley talks about her passion to build Startup Ecosystem in Canada
2) Future of Canada's Startup Ecosystem
3) Talk around some major technological advancements and opportunity for startups to adapt those technologies
4) Calgary's two startup companies participating in Google Cohort- ICwhatUC and Virtuo
5) Entrepreneurs mindset and shift from tradition to modern aspect of leadership
6) Support and Resources provided by Google Accelerator programs and what can companies expect when they join the accelerator
7) Edge that Google for Startup programs provide and detail of their curriculum
8) Mentorship with Google for Startup Accelerator
9) Ashley's vision forward and exciting new programs with Google Developer Accelerator
10) Suggestions to startups- mid size companies entrepreneurs who are planning for next steps
11) Ashley's ask from the community
12) Impact that Ashley wants to create